Sunday 20 October 2013

A Little Personal Note ~ Love, Loss & Family


October 17 ~ As some of you know, myself and my family have spent a lot of time in Toronto these past 10 days. I've had to cancel sessions and reschedule others, it's been crazy and very emotional. Last Thursday we lost our father and yesterday we payed our respects and laid him to rest beside our mother. All I can think is it just doesn't seem fair, how could we lose them both so young and so early in life. I know I have to let that go and lean on those close to me, to us, and I will in time. I have an incredible family, strong siblings and amazing friends.
For the next few weeks though, I am going to need some time to just let this soak in, catch up on some editing and get back on my feet. I apologize but I won't be taking on any more family sessions at this time. I have learned that not taking that time can only lead to unhealthy things and I thank you for your understanding in advance.
So in memory of our Dad, a collage of him through the years. As a son and brother, father and opa. He is the reason and inspiration to what I do today. Not only did he allow me to steal his film camera for two years during high school to help my passion grow but he and my mother also bought me my first 12 string acoustic guitar after him lending me his year after year. Artistically, everything I am came from him and over the years he continuously nurtured anything I put my heart into into.

Our last memory of our father was of him actually jogging up and down the hallway in Toronto General joking about the surgery and making sure that we weren't going to be afraid, no matter what the outcome. That was just the kind of man he was.

I don't know why it was his time to leave us or how the following day's or weeks will unfold. But what I do know is that he would tell us to hold onto those things that have meaning, family and friends, enjoy the simple things, pray, trust and lean on each other, forgive and love with all of our hearts.

He will forever be missed but never be forgotten.

Robert Wensveen
May 30th, 1948 - October 10th, 2013




No comments: