Wednesday 9 January 2013

Isy & Alice ~ Our Beautiful Girls


Each year in all the hustle and bustle of catching up, editing and trying to get discs out for other families I tend to put off taking the time to photograph the two most important little people in my life, our girls. This year was no different but I swore we would at least take 30 min to try. So out came the props, I set up the backdrops, dressed up the girls, put away the pups and thought..I can do this, right? I can honestly say that if any client would have seen me this day they would have thought I was crazy to think I could photograph children. How is it I can calm every other child out there but when it's my own I look like a mad woman? Alice cried and Isy danced in circles while singing..I grabbed a box of Smarties as bribery; which back fired. Now Alice was covered in chocolate and running while screaming as soon as I took them away. I started to feel like this was a bad idea and that's when my husband came in. That right there is the difference, no one person can do everything and I was nuts to think I could. If you've met my youngest you would agree. He calmed me down, we piled tutus at Alice's feet to keep her occupied and as I clicked away he made fart noises to make Alice laugh (yes, that's right) Isy calmed down and the two of them, for three whole minutes, just sat and played and smiled.
I adore these photos and I'm thankful that I took the time to try but most of all I love that I have a husband who although sometimes drives me crazy, is always there to ground me when my world gets a little upside down. He is my reminder that I am not a superhero and everyone needs a little help sometimes.

Merry Christmas from our family to yours xoxo

Mel














No comments: